Sunday, November 04, 2007

Oh, on such a golden morning, to be living is delight

I hadn't planned to go out yesterday - had loads to do at home - but when I awoke and saw the lovely dawn turning the leaves of the squirrel tree to gold and orange, I decided that I had to be out in it... I dressed hurriedly, grabbed my camera, and jumped on a 106 bus to Stoke Newington.

My walk took me up Stoke Newington Church Street, past all the shops, and into Abney Park Cemetery...






...past St Mary Old Church...


...and into Clissold Park.



My journey home was under grey skies, but it didn't matter; by then I'd had the best of it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

incredible!!!! i love london.

Anonymous said...

How did we manage to miss Stoke Newington while we were in London? It looks SO beautiful.However, having been so recently a part of Autumn in UK, looking at your photos immediately brings back that timeless, mellow, golden feeling. Thank you for these words and photos - they are real soulfood!

emilyclare said...

Your photos are so beautiful Kathryn; its wonder how if you squint the trees seem to be swaying with gold.

And reminds me of the line "Margaret, are you grieving/ Over Goldengrove unleaving? Leaves, like the things of man..."

Dave said...

Oh, wow... those are just incredible. I'd no idea exactly how gorgeous the area you were walking around in that morning actually is! England truly is a magical place. :D

baker st jones said...

lovely Kathryn.

Anonymous said...

that last message was from tom, this is now me - can i forward your blog to ex-stokey resident, kack?

xxxx

Kathryn said...

anita - I would be honoured :)