Saturday, October 27, 2007

Of lakes and fells

Frosty morning



Castlerigg Stone Circle


Maybe Ullswater? I'm sure Dad can tell me for sure :)




Bank Ground, the inspiration for Holly Howe in the Swallows and Amazons series by Arthur Ransome

4 comments:

unkleE said...

Great photos! Your one of Castlerigg is way better than any of mine because you waited so patiently to get everyone out of the way, and to include the background mist while not including any of the rope. Excellent!

For interest, a few of mine are on my blog, which you should be able to reach by clicking on my name above.

Anonymous said...

tom and i v impressed with these pix. where is it all? did u stay there? what have u been up to lovely kh?

miss u

Kathryn said...

hello lovely Anita!
all those photos are in the Lakes District; we were there for the final two nights of our lightning tour (mum and dad left London on the Monday; I flew up after work on Friday and met them at Aberdeen, and had the first night there; we then went to Skye for one night, Oban for two nights (to allow us to get to Iona), and then the Lakes for two more nights, before driving back to London :)

miss you too :(
I have the photo of your gorgeous boys right where I can see it; I hope they haven't changed TOO much when I see them next :)

xxxx

unkleE said...

BTW, sorry not to answer your question before, but the lake in question was Thirlmere.