Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Lunch in Provence


I spent last week in the sunny south of France, attending a wedding on the first weekend and then spending time with the bride and groom and their extended family, and being a happy tourist in Aix en Provence and Avignon and all manner of lovely mountain villages and vineyard-ringed towns... there's lots to tell, and show, but I'll just start small, mainly to quiet the baying of my insistent public (okay, Mum and Alan ;) ).
More soon!

This was my lunch last Thursday. I think no words are needed.



And now the fun REALLY starts...

I've been invited back, but I just don't know if I can stand to go...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I've been invited back, but I just don't know if I can stand to go..."

I presume that is because you have been blessed (cursed?) with the ability to recognise that the going would be easy, but the coming home again would be murder. Yes?

Either way, you've outdone yourself again, gorgeous. :D

Anonymous said...

"I've been invited back, but I just don't know if I can stand to go..."

Pure irony methinks!!

The subjects of your photos are so sunlit and simple yet so stylish and stunning.

Sigh...Sigh.....

I want to go to Provence.......

Anonymous said...

I've been invited back, but I just don't know if I can stand to go..."
.....i have solved this dilemma for you, for i can appreciate how it has been weighing on your mind.

I will go in your place....I know i know, only a true friend would do this - but it really wouldn't be kind to force you to savour the delights of Provence a second time .....

stunning photos!

Anonymous said...

Je propose que vous vous asseyiez !

Anonymous said...

maybe the lunch made you so fat you can't stand up to go? like falstaff not seeing his knees

Anonymous said...

Why is it so WARM there?
*angry*
France is so damn beautiful.

Kathryn said...

I don't think I've reached Falstaffian proportions QUITE yet, but it's touch and go... and I think that last angry anony-mouse was Rian :D

Anonymous said...

Photos inspiring thanks for sharing. Spring captured with the asparagus!