Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Walk Through Aix en Provence

It's a lovely spring day, and the sun is shining... it's market day; there are people everywhere, talking and laughing and calling and buying, and this is a lovely ancient town... so let's walk a while, shall we?



.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Bee ew de full!!"
(A shorter quote this time from Con the Fruiterer.)

Kathryn said...

yes, dad; I have to say I thought about you both when I took that alleyway photo, and again when I was deciding whether to include it here ;)

Anonymous said...

I have to say, Mr. Mad Dad, sir... I spotted some alleyways in Shanghai this past fall that I wouldn't have followed down on a bet. ;)
But then, also some others that I followed a guy down to get a very sharp leather jacket (Hugo Boss knock-off) for a mere $62 American. So they're definitely good news SOMEtimes.

And Kat, I really love the pictures with high contrast levels (like AixGateway, LionDoor, and CathedralColumns). They're remarkable. I must take lessons from you some day. :D

Anonymous said...

My esteemed Mr Dave, Esq, Sir,

Thinks: "I can't allow some young whippersnapper to outdo me in politeness. No-one, least of all my daughter, has ever treated me with such undeserved respect!"

Continues with comment:

I think what you are referring to is the difference between an alleyway and a dead end. Not all dead ends have only one exit, sometimes they have no exit at all! Never having been to Shanghai, I can only guess that there may be the odd dead end there.

But the rewards of alleyways - for example, in my limited experience, I can think of ones in Mousehole (Cornwall), Edinburgh (Scotland), Freiburg (Germany), Prague (Czech Republic) and Innsbruck (Austria) - in my mind exceed even the reward of a bargain Hugo Boss jacket!

My very best wishes and felicitations to you, Mr Dave Sir.

"Doffs hat and departs"