(And yes, that's West Ham United football stadium in the background).
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
It's a Victorian hearse. I've read about them but never seen one before - the horses with their black plumes and blinkers etc. Do you think it had been used for a real funeral?
It was about to be used - it was waiting outside a funeral home. There was another attendant - a woman - standing in front of the horses and keeping them calm; I couldn't fit her in the photo. Later on that afternoon I saw it processing solemnly up Green Street with the coffin in it... it's the second time I've seen one, just like that; the first one was covered in wreaths and flowers including one spelling out 'MUM' in yellow 'mums; it was just like in books :D
...except for the crowd of black clad mourners following the hearse with measured steps and eyes downcast led by the grieving widower or widow who would be wearing a black veil and jet jewellery and a locket with a curl of the deceased's hair within...
5 comments:
It's a Victorian hearse. I've read about them but never seen one before - the horses with their black plumes and blinkers etc. Do you think it had been used for a real funeral?
It was about to be used - it was waiting outside a funeral home. There was another attendant - a woman - standing in front of the horses and keeping them calm; I couldn't fit her in the photo. Later on that afternoon I saw it processing solemnly up Green Street with the coffin in it... it's the second time I've seen one, just like that; the first one was covered in wreaths and flowers including one spelling out 'MUM' in yellow 'mums; it was just like in books :D
...except for the crowd of black clad mourners following the hearse with measured steps and eyes downcast led by the grieving widower or widow who would be wearing a black veil and jet jewellery and a locket with a curl of the deceased's hair within...
well, yeah; except for that ;)
Oh you mean they were there for a purpose, other than being horses and being good to look at?
...never thought of that...
Post a Comment