It's a little bit like "The King is dead... long live the King!!" isn't it? for as sad as it is to end the era of Lansdowne Drive, which has been a lovely chapter of my London life, hopefully this little introductory tour of the manse will show that it's not completely a case of 'from the sublime to the ridiculous'...



Yes, that IS Lionel Richie... AND it's signed... I've yet to hear that story myself.

The garden is just gorgeous; not too pristine and sharp-edged, yet still with some shape and layout to it...


There's even a vege patch! and the beginnings of a herb garden... and apparently no one else is much interested in gardening, so I've been given leave to do as I like.

Those are my house plants and seedlings on the step; I just brought them over this morning, and as they'd not been watered for a few days, they were all parched and wilting. Thankfully, I brought the watering can as well.

I've never had an easier journey to work! Those are the roof-tops of Second Work against the sky.
.
.
And here's what I did this morning:
I turned this -
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...into this:

Of course, all those boxes are still there, just against the other wall where you can't see them (the bed was there in the first pic), but at least it's liveable while I take the time to sort things out.
.
.
.
So! the manse!
Who's for tea then?
5 comments:
I don't think I have to answer that question! Just give me half a chance!!
This is all absolutely charming! What a lovely new home you have. I'm sure there is enough room on the floor for me to sleep if I should come ...Or I could pitch a tent in that beautiful garden!
the manse looks lovely - hope you feel settled really soon
HAPPY HOUSE-WARMING !!
We both live in vicarages! It looks fab, can't wait to come and have tea in your garden and read the paper...hope you settle in quickly.
S xxxx
1. House-warming??? Today, Sydney 5-16 degrees, London 16-31 degrees. It is OUR house that needs warming!
2. Do I need to remind you of the essential need for a map!? In this case, grid reference on an existing map? Maps and graphs, the stuff of life (along with marmarlade)!
: )
Post a Comment