Thursday, June 28, 2007

Are you my godson?

For some reason, when I ask Eddie that question, he immediately grins broadly, and says 'no-no-no-no' in delighted tones... which means of course I have to say 'yes-yes-yes-yes' in equally delighted tones, at which point we both dissolve in giggles. And of course, I ask him regularly ;)

Spent a gorgeous day with the Boy today, doing all the things he likes best (going through the pedestrian tunnel under Marylebone Road, watching buses, spotting taxis and 'racing cars', stopping for twenty minutes to let him go through a sandwich-board 'tunnel' over and over, wandering in Regent's Park in any direction he chose, sitting in the grass and playing with sticks, crossing the bridge four times and sitting on the low stone parapet, kicking a soccer ball, playing in the sandpit... all manner of random delightful things). Because of course, the Joneses are off to Aus again tomorrow, and while I'm glad for all that promises for them, and know that we'll stay in each other's hearts and prayers, nothing will ever be quite the same again.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds absolutely delightful!!! While you were out having fun i was ironing a duvet cover, cleaing the bathroom and toilets and being thrown up on by the little brother (oh - and also a few lovely things with anita outside on stairs and sharing what the next six months might hold)

Anonymous said...

The text and the photos of dear little Eddie in this entry brought a catch to my throat and a few tears to my eyes as I thought of two teenage girls meeting at Sydney Uni back in 1991 and the long enduring friendship which started then.

Then I thought of the loving care that you and Sharon gave to Anita and the boys as they prepared to leave and of how precious true Christian fellowship can be and of how beautiful both inwardly and outwardly you three girls are.

And lastly I thought of that canticle that you sent me once - "The world is about to turn" - and that the world really IS about to turn - turning Anita towards Australia and you towards USA while Sharon remains in UK and THAT thought was so overwhelming I decided not to think at all for a while ...

Anonymous said...

reading your comment Mama brings a tear to my eye!

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven: Ecc 3v1

but i have decided not to think about it too much as well.

Anonymous said...

thank you for all those lovely pix of the little boy - esp love the last sand pit one.

it is cold here at night

heading your way tmrw - to barden ridge....i would drop into your parents' if i could drive


xxxxx

Kathryn said...

they're away in Melbourne, but I know they'd love to see you another time!

and I have loads more photos... will send them some time soon :)

baker st jones said...

what lovely photos. He also insists on answering "what is your name" with "two", similarily for reasons of amusement over accuracy. /T