Dream Sequence
I've now been back in London for longer than I was in Aus, and already it's receded, and become far away, as it was before I went... what astounded me though was how little time it took for it to become familiar, and seem like home again; it probably took less than a day.
When I went to the folder where I have been storing the photos I've chosen for this post (out of the hundreds that I took), I was intending to categorise them, and give them numbered filenames, ready to post with captions and explanations and stories, but when I saw them all jumbled up in there, so perfectly evocative of all the different experiences and meetings and places that made up being at home again, I thought I'd let them speak for themselves :)
(NB there aren’t really enough of all the people I caught up with – it’s so hard to take photos and maintain a decent conversation – but if you’re not there, it’s not because I didn’t LOVE seeing you ;) )




5 comments:
And I thought from day 1 that it seemed quite normal for you to be here (if anything's normal at our place!).
Love the photos of our yard - makes it seem like a verdant and vibrant oasis in an urban wasteland, which we'd like to think it was.
Mad dad
wow! why did you come back again?
hmm... trying to remember...
It DOES all seem like a dream now... sigh.....
But looking at these photos reminds me of why I am an Aussie girl at heart... and also that you WERE really here.
the 'i have a dream' one brought back memories- have we been alive so long already? i still think of myself as young (ish)
Post a Comment