Love the lovely friends
Last weekend Johanna and I decided, just on the spur of the moment, to go into town to find the Foundling Museum. We caught the 55 as far as Gray's Inn Road, and then walked... on our roundabout way through Bloomsbury, we passed the Perseverance, and as we hadn't had lunch yet, decided to eat there.

As it was after two, the lunch crowd had largely gone, and we had the place mostly to ourselves.

Everything about it was great - from the bangers and mash to the mis-matched chandeliers, the music and the atmosphere... we will return.
* Thank you to Bridget Jones for the title, an expression I have long liked :)

7 comments:
Ice cream, pudding and Illy, mmmmmmm
Why didn't we find "Perseverance" in 2000 when we were all in Bloomsbury, dead tired, hungry and looking for somewhere even halfway decent to eat? But perhaps it was for the best - we would have all fallen asleep in the soup bowl like Captain John.
would it be entirely too groanable to say that perhaps we didn't show enough perseverance?
:p ;)
Where have you been? I have been desperatly waiting for a posting to hear how you are . Perseverance looks so inviting -the outside is deliscious.
who is that masked anonymous?!
I've been fine thanks... I was away a lot over Christmas and New Year, and very busy since (and it's sometimes difficult to get inspired about what to post ;))
by the way, all: most of my photos are hosted on Dave's site these days (I can display them larger that way), and it's undergoing some maintenance and upgrading, so that's where my pictures have gone... they'll be back soon :)
could we take the boys?
one, two, three, four
HIT IT!!
xxoo
Post a Comment