We've had a cold snap here, waking to frosty lawns and streaky skies two mornings running now. Both days have been beautifully sunny, but have stayed cold throughout; it's certainly time for gloves to come out of the backs of drawers, and last night I finally turned on my radiator...
Aren't colours a wonderful thing!? I wish I understood better (or saw better) how to put them together well, but I certainly can appreciate them - for example, in these photos of yours. Like the graduation from brown through orange ( or is it "russet") and green to light blue in the first picture, or the frosty browns (and greens) in the last one. : )
More WONDERFUL photos!! I love the vapour trails and the feel of crisp cold air you have captured and as to the frosted berries and leaves - they are exquisite! Where was the last one taken? I'd like to imagine they are some of the leaves I crunched over in London Fields on our last afternoon in Hackney.
colours ARE a wonderful thing, I agree... and the way different light can change the appearance of things, and their colours, as well I had about four photos of that rotunda, and I liked them all, and it was SO hard to choose, but in the end I went with this wide shot, partly because it was more of the landscape than that one thing, and partly because it showed some frost on the ground, but mainly because of the bright yellow of those leaves left clinging to the tree on the right... you may not even notice them, but I thought they balanced, and added life, in a way that was missing when they were left out :)
and the leaves were down by Victoria Park, mama... I took loads, but the shapes of those were right, somehow, and the little curly grasses :)
3 comments:
Aren't colours a wonderful thing!? I wish I understood better (or saw better) how to put them together well, but I certainly can appreciate them - for example, in these photos of yours. Like the graduation from brown through orange ( or is it "russet") and green to light blue in the first picture, or the frosty browns (and greens) in the last one. : )
More WONDERFUL photos!! I love the vapour trails and the feel of crisp cold air you have captured and as to the frosted berries and leaves - they are exquisite! Where was the last one taken? I'd like to imagine they are some of the leaves I crunched over in London Fields on our last afternoon in Hackney.
colours ARE a wonderful thing, I agree... and the way different light can change the appearance of things, and their colours, as well
I had about four photos of that rotunda, and I liked them all, and it was SO hard to choose, but in the end I went with this wide shot, partly because it was more of the landscape than that one thing, and partly because it showed some frost on the ground, but mainly because of the bright yellow of those leaves left clinging to the tree on the right... you may not even notice them, but I thought they balanced, and added life, in a way that was missing when they were left out :)
and the leaves were down by Victoria Park, mama... I took loads, but the shapes of those were right, somehow, and the little curly grasses :)
Post a Comment