The London Walks: Whitehall
I love walking from Trafalgar Square, down Whitehall to the Houses of Parliament... I love the lions and the fountains in the square itself, and Nelson's Column, all newly clean, defies photographers with its tallness... it's SO cool to be familiar with everything; see the clusters of tourists outside Horse Guards or Downing Street but just be blasé about it all, and to see Big Ben in your own backyard. Glimpses of St James' Park through archways on one side, and the Eye between buildings on the other, are an added bonus.










4 comments:
It's ALL lovely but the photo of the Eye just has a certain grace ......
You lucky thing!
I, humble (?) colonial peasant though I be, have also been to these places, even if I didn't walk them all and certainly wasn't blase!
In our 'backyard' is a high voltage power line and Kareela shops - not all that different really!
I found it hard to imagine something on the scale of The Eye peeping between the other buildings; but somehow you managed to capture it doing exactly that! You blasé urbanite, you. ;)
Well, there's a BIT of forced perspective there; the buildings are very close, and then there's a bit of space, and then the Thames, and THEN the Eye... certainly it dominates the landscape more from virtually every other vantage point. I just thought that angle was interesting :D
Post a Comment